Single-Year Community Assistance Grant
Waitomo District Council’s Single-Year Community Assistance Grant focuses on providing assistance for not-for-profit community organisations that support community led projects. These projects are aligned with Council Plans and Strategies and contribute and support the social, cultural, economic and environmental well-being of the Waitomo District.
Priority for funding will be given to community organisations that are delivering projects in collaboration with other organisations.
The Single-Year Community Assistance Grant is for one-off projects or initiatives that will be completed within a 12-month period from receiving the grant.
Who can apply?
Non-profit incorporated organisations (e.g. Incorporated Society, Charitable Trust)
When can I apply?
Fund Opens: 1 July
Fund Closes: 1 August
How do I apply?
Complete the application form in full
Attach all required supporting documentation
Submit your application prior to the closing date
Ineligible, incomplete or late applications will not be considered for funding.
When will I know?
Applicants will be advised September/October
How much can I apply for?
A maximum of $10,000
What can be funded?
- Resources that support the project or organisation
- Programme development and implementation
- Applications for capital projects may be accepted for grant requests over $2,000
What will not be considered for funding?
- Projects that have commenced or have been completed
- Loan / Debt Repayment
- Wages or Salary
- Where the applicant has received a Multi-Year Community Partnership Grant
- Orgnaisations with outstanding projects from previous funding rounds
What are the requirements that will have to be met?
- A Grant Agreement between WDC and the successful applicant will be in place where the grant value exceeds $5,000. Conditions of the grant will be outlined in the Agreement.
- Projects must be completed within a 12-month period from receiving the grant.
- Successful applicants will be required to complete an Accountability Report upon completion of the project.
- Failure to complete the project within the 12-month period may result in funding being reimbursed to WDC.