Single-Year Community Assistance Grant
Waitomo District Council’s Single-Year Community Assistance Grant focuses on providing assistance for not-for-profit community organisations that support community led projects. These projects are aligned with Council Plans and Strategies and contribute and support the social, cultural, economic and environmental well-being of the Waitomo District.
Priority for funding will be given to community organisations that are delivering projects in collaboration with other organisations.
The Single-Year Community Assistance Grant is for one-off projects or initiatives that will be completed within a 12-month period from receiving the grant.
Who can apply?
Non-profit incorporated organisations (e.g. Incorporated Society, Charitable Trust)
When can I apply?
Fund Opens: 1 July
Fund Closes: 1 August
How do I apply?
Applications closed on 1 August 2023
Attach all required supporting documentation
Submit your application prior to the closing date
Ineligible, incomplete or late applications will not be considered for funding.
When will I know?
Applicants will be advised September/October
How much can I apply for?
A maximum of $10,000
What can be funded?
- Resources that support the project or organisation
- Programme development and implementation
- Applications for capital projects may be accepted for grant requests over $2,000
What will not be considered for funding?
- Projects that have commenced or have been completed
- Loan / Debt Repayment
- Wages or Salary
- Where the applicant has received a Multi-Year Community Partnership Grant
- Orgnaisations with outstanding projects from previous funding rounds
What are the requirements that will have to be met?
- A Grant Agreement between WDC and the successful applicant will be in place where the grant value exceeds $5,000. Conditions of the grant will be outlined in the Agreement.
- Projects must be completed within a 12-month period from receiving the grant.
- Successful applicants will be required to complete an Accountability Report upon completion of the project.
- Failure to complete the project within the 12-month period may result in funding being reimbursed to WDC.