Community Partnership Fund
The Community Partnership Fund aims to “help our community help itself” by offering access to seed funding and in kind support to groups in developing new community initiatives.
Grant applications should be made for:
- Group’s applying for financial assistance for projects that align with or support Waitomo District Council’s Community Outcomes.
- Group's applying for financial assistance for projects or initiatives that align with or support the Waitomo District Council Safe Communities framework.
- Evidence is provided detailing how their project can make a positive impact on community well-being.
- Organisations and groups, who invest time in helping address social issues within the Waitomo District.
- Groups who have a proven track record in their area of operation and can show community support for their project.
Waitomo District Council supports resource sharing by community groups and organisations and encourages, where possible, a collaborative approach to achieving positive Community Outcomes.
The basis of the Community Development Fund is to ensure recipients undertake projects that has a demonstrable benefit to the community. There must be an evidential link between the proposed activity and Council's Community Outcomes.
The outcomes that contribute to the Community Development Group are prioritised for this fund and are listed below.
A Vibrant and Prosperous District
A place where people are enriched by the multicultural values of all its people and, in particular, Maori heritage and culture are an inherent and valued part of decision making that affects community life.
Recreation and Social Amenities
A place where all age groups have the opportunity to enjoy social, cultural and sporting activities within our District.
For more information, please contact our Customer Services Centre on (07) 878 0800.