Council adopts Exceptions Annual Plan 2019/20
4 Jun 2019
Waitomo District Council’s Exceptions Annual Plan 2019/20 (EAP) and rates resolution was adopted on 28 May 2019 and will become operative from 1 July 2019.
As there are no major changes to the programme and levels of service set out in the Long Term Plan 2018-2028 (LTP), Council agreed to not carry out a special consultative process.
Over the coming year, Council intends to progress with the following key initiatives:
- Continuation of the District Plan review
- Support for a range of district promotion and marketing initiatives
- Continue to develop and implement the Vibrant, Safe Waitomo initiative
- New pedestrian footbridge for Te Kuiti
- Health and safety improvements and new runway for Te Kuiti Aerodrome
- New public toilets at Mokau
- Investigation of new public toilets at Waitomo Village
- Development of coastal reserves
- Improvements to Mokau water treatment plant filtration system
- Completion of a new pipeline to Piopio reservoir
- Obtain resource consent for and start capacity extension of Waitomo District Landfill.
The rates revenue requirement in the EAP is $20.54 million. This is an overall average 2.4% rates requirement increase over the current year, but is less than the 3.08% increase ($20.67 million total rates) forecast in the LTP.
Public debt at the end of the 2019/20 year is forecast to be $3.9 million less than the forecast contained in the LTP.
The EAP document will be made available on our website on 11 June 2019.