About this Website
This page describes the management and maintenance of the website www.waitomo.govt.nz owned and operated by the Waitomo District Council, Te Kuiti, New Zealand.
This website is intended to provide information about the Waitomo District Council and the services it provides to the residents and citizens of the Waitomo District community.
Web Standard Compliance
This website substantially complies with the New Zealand Government Web Standards v2.0 where appropriate for local authorities. There is no user-generated content or user login features requiring authentication currently available on the site.
- Unless otherwise indicated, Waitomo District Council (WDC) holds and retains all copyright and other intellectual property rights in the data published or presented on this website and in any information supplied by WDC to any party (the Data).
- The Data may not be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose. The Recipient may not sell the Data to any third party.
- WDC is the owner and source of the Data and must be acknowledged as such should the Data be used in any report, publication, statement or document.
- WDC has prepared the Data by gathering and compiling information from a variety of sources. The information gathering process involves a series of data processing steps and includes data that is likely to be altered or revised from time to time as data is collected and processed. WDC does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the Data or warrant that use of the Data is appropriate or suitable for the Recipient’s intended use. The Data may be amended, altered or removed at any time, without notice.
- Whilst all care has been taken in collecting, producing and providing the Data, WDC (to the fullest extent possible by law) excludes all liability in relation to use of the Data including all express and implied warranties and representations.
- The Recipient acknowledges and agrees that the Data is not intended for consumers, as defined in the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (CGA), or for personal, domestic, or household use or consumption. The Recipient acknowledges that where it acquires the Data for the purposes of a business or in trade, then, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the provisions of the CGA have no application to the supply of the Data by WDC.
- WDC is not liable to the Recipient or any third party for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims or expenses (whether direct, indirect or consequential) whatsoever related to use of the Data whether arising out of contract, tort (including negligence), statute or otherwise. Any person or organisation using the Data does so at their own risk.
- WDC does not promise that its website or any content, service or feature of its website will be error-free or uninterrupted or that any defects will be corrected. All information provided on the website is subject to change without notice. WDC cannot ensure that any files or other data downloaded from the website will be free of viruses or contamination or destructive features. To the extent permitted by law, WDC disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
Waitomo District Council respects and protects the privacy of our website users.
The collection and use of personal information by Waitomo District Council is regulated by the Privacy Act 1993. Under this Act, personal information may be collected only for a lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of the Council and only if necessary for that purpose.
For more detailed information please refer to the Privacy Act 1993.
Searching this website
Search box functionality is located at the top right-hand side of this website. To search for a page or topic, type your keyword in the search box and click ‘Go’.
Another way you can search is by clicking on the site map, also located at the top right-hand side of the website.
For enquiries about this website contact: Leader - Communications and Engagement, Waitomo District Council PO Box 404, Te Kuiti 3941 New Zealand. Phone: +64 (07) 878 0800, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.