Notifications and hearings
When we make a decision on a resource consent, we consider:
- the effects on the environment
- how the activity will affect other people's use and enjoyment of the environment.
- notify those people who may be directly affected (limited notification), or
- notify the public generally (public notification).
- Consulting with affected parties
- Notified applications
Consulting with affected parties
- find out whether they will support or oppose your proposal
- find out whether you can address any issues they might have
- obtain their written approval for your proposal.
- adjacent landowners/occupiers
- tangata whenua (local iwi/hapū authorities)
- anyone else affected by your proposal.
- consider your application
- listen to any evidence for and against your application
- listen to any submissions made
- make a decision on your application.
Before the hearing
At the hearing
- the hearings commissioners
- you and your witnesses
- Waitomo District Council staff
- submitters and supporting witnesses.