Have your say on the draft Local Alcohol Policy
13 Aug 2013, 9:11 AM
Waitomo District Council has prepared a draft Local Alcohol Policy pursuant to the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012.
The draft policy gives Waitomo District Council the ability to control the number, location, density and trading hours of premises that sell alcohol in the Waitomo District.
Copies of the draft policy are available from:
• Waitomo District Council Office, Queen Street, Te Kuiti
• Mokau Museum, Main Road, Mokau
• Waitomo Caves Discovery Centre, Waitomo Caves
• Councils website www.waitomo.govt.nz
Council invites interested persons to make written submissions on the content of the draft policy.
Submissions must be in Councils hands by 5.00pm, Friday 13 September 2013 and should be addressed to:
• Chief Executive, Waitomo District Council, PO Box 404, Te Kuiti 3941.
Submitters wishing to be heard in support of their submissions must clearly state this in their submission. All submitters wishing to be heard will be given notice of the date and time of the hearing.
For more information please contact our friendly Customer Services Team.