Proposed Solid Waste (Asset) Management and Minimisation Plan
1 Mar 2018, 10:55 AM
In April 2018 we will consult with the community on the proposed Solid Waste (Asset) Management and Minimisation Plan (SWaMMP).
The consultation period for the plan will begin on Thursday 5th April 2018 and end at 5pm on Friday 4th May 2018.
The proposed SWaMMP will guide the work we do to manage and minimise rubbish and recycling in the district.
We must review the SWaMMP every six years. In doing so, we must consider reduction, reuse, recycling, recovery, treatment and disposal as it relates to the management and minimisation of waste, as well as reflect national and regional waste strategy and policy. The proposed SWaMMP addresses recycling and collection of waste, use of council waste facilities, use of litter bins, and waste management for events.
We encourage you to tell us your views.
A submission form and the proposal will be available from:
- Waitomo District Council office in Queen Street Te Kuiti,
- Waitomo District Library, 28 Taupiri Street, Te Kuiti
- The Old Piopio Post Office Gallery, 45 Moa St, Piopio
- Mokau Museum and Gallery, 33 North St, Mokau
- Café Kai and Bar, 15 Waitomo Village Rd, Waitomo
- Benneydale Foodmarket Ltd, 34 Ellis Road, Benneydale
- Marokopa Camp Ground, 1 Rauparaha St, RD 8 Te Kuiti, Marokopa.
- Councils website
Submissions may be submitted to Council by post, hand delivery or email. Please contact Council on (07) 878 0800 or at [email protected] with any queries.