28 Aug 2018, 6:00 AM
Applications for Community Funding- Discretionary Grants September Funding Round
Applications for the September Discretionary Grants funding round must be received by 5pm on the 1st September 2018 or the next working day following this.
Community clubs, groups and organisations operating within the Waitomo District on a not-for-profit basis may be eligible to apply.
Please read WDC’s Community Development Fund Policy to check your eligibility or contact the friendly customer services team on 0800-932-4357 for further assistance.
Application forms and policy details are available on our website.
Proposal for Temporary Closure of Road/Street To Ordinary Vehicular Traffic
PURSUANT to the Transport (Vehicular Traffic Road Closure) Regulations 1965, notice is hereby given that the Waitomo District Council, for the purpose of the Targa Rally 2018 proposes to temporarily close the following roads/streets to ordinary vehicular traffic for the periods indicated:
Date: Saturday, 24 - 25 November 2018
Period of Closure: As indicated at each stage section below:
STAGE NAME 5: Pomarangi/Pungarehau – 36.29kms - 24 November 2018 road closure from 12:05pm to 17:05pm (Waitomo DC)
• Pomarangi Rd, - START at 100mts from its intersection with Mangatoa Road
• Pungarehau Rd, - FINISH 100mts from its intersection with Mairoa Road
STAGE NAME 6: Owen/Tikitiki – 20.01kms - 24 November 2018 road closure from 13:25pm to 18:25pm (Waitomo DC).
• Owen Rd, - START is 200mts from its intersection with Mokauiti Road
• Tikitiki Rd, - FINISH is 1000mts from its intersection with SH4
STAGE NAME 7: Mangaokewa/Ahoroa – 25.00kms - 24 November 2018 road closure from 14:20pm to 19:20pm (Waitomo DC and private property).
• Mangaokewa Rd, *START from its intersection with SH30
• Ahoroa Rd, Finish - On Ahoroa Road, at the start of tarseal at the end of gravel
STAGE NAME 9: Waitewhena Road – 33.60kms - 25 November 2018 road closure from 9:15am to 13:45pm (Ruapehu/Waitomo DC).
• Waitewhena Road, START is 300mts from its intersection with Kumara Road and Paraheka Road
• Waiewhena Road, FINISH at 300mts from its intersection with Ohura Road
STAGE NAME 10: Ohura Road North – 42.13kms- 25 November 2018 road closure from 10:10am to 14:40pm (Ruapehu/Waitomo DC).
• Ohura Road North, START is 300mts from its intersection with Ohura Road
• Oniao Road, FINISH at 300mts from its intersection with Mokauiti Road
Note: To assist with the stage security, the closure is also to include 50 metres of EACH adjoining road, from where it intersects with this road closure being applied for.
Any person objecting to the proposal is called upon to lodge notice of objection and grounds thereof in writing, before 5:00 pm Thursday 31 October 2018 at the office of Waitomo District Council, Queen Street, Te Kuiti.