Bylaws are rules or regulations that are created to control specific activities within Waitomo District. Bylaws help ensure that our community is safe, healthy and vibrant.
Bylaws are a way for Council to deal with particular local nuisance problems. They focus on issues that the Council determines are significant enough to pass enforcement options.
The Waitomo District Council Bylaws are adopted in accordance with the requirements of the Local Government Act 2002.
- Public Amenities Bylaw 2010 (PDF 468 KB)
- Public Places Bylaw 2014 (PDF 646 KB)
- Land Transport Bylaw 2015 ( inc. Policy on Stock Underpasses ) (PDF 3.01 MB)
- Trade Waste Bylaw 2006 (PDF 958 KB)
- Solid Waste Bylaw 2009 (PDF 692 KB)
- Public Health and Safety Bylaw 2014 (PDF 2.05 MB)
- Water Services Bylaw 2010 (PDF 1.03 MB)
- Waitomo District Dog Control Bylaw 2015 (PDF 865 KB)
- Freedom Camping Bylaw 2022 (PDF 2.29 MB)