13 Oct 2016
COUNCIL MEETING SCHEDULE - OCTOBER 2016
The following meetings of the Waitomo District Council are scheduled for October 2016:
Tuesday 18 October 2016 at 10.00am
Council Meeting – Inaugural Meeting of the new Triennium
Wednesday 26 October 2016 at 9.00am
October Monthly Council Meeting
An invitation is extended to members of the public to attend these meetings for observation purposes.
Any member(s) of the public wishing to speak at a Council meeting are required to gain approval from the Mayor at least two working days prior to the meeting.
A copy of the agendas will be available for inspection at the Waitomo District Council office and for downloading from Council’s Website two working days before each meeting.
WDC SERVICE INFORMATION - LABOUR DAY MONDAY 24 OCTOBER
WDC Customer Services
Our Queen Street office closes at 5pm on Friday October 21 and reopens at 8am, Tuesday October 25. For urgent enquiries please call our WDC Helpline 0800 932 4357. Help is on hand 24/7.
AA Driver Licensing
The WDC AA Counter is closed on Labour Day and reopens at 8.30am on Tuesday October 25.
Waitomo District Aquatic Centre is open on Labour Day 1pm - 5pm.
Waitomo District Library is closed on Labour Day.
Te Kuiti i-SITE Visitor Information Centre is open on Labour Day 10am - 2pm.
Waitomo District Landfill is closed on Labour Day.
District Transfer Stations
Benneydale and Piopio Transfer Stations are closed on Labour Day. Awakino/Mokau, Marokopa and Kinohaku Transfer Stations are open on Labour Day as per normal times.
Kerbside Refuse and Recycling Collection Services - There are no services taking place as per normal.
Waitomo District Mayor, Council members and staff wish you all a happy and safe holiday with family and friends.
NOTICE OF ROUTINE HYDRANT FLUSHING
Veolia Water will be undertaking routine hydrant flushing to improve the quality of the water supply in Te Kuiti, Benneydale, Mokau and Piopio from Monday 17 October to Friday 21 October 2016.
TE KUITI - Eastern Side:
- Anzac Street, Boddies Terrace, Broadfoot Place, Corinth Avenue, Ellison Avenue, Esplanade, Hinerangi Street, Kiwi Street, Liverpool Street, Mahoe Crescent, Ngarongo Street, Sturgess Terrace, Tammadge Street, Taruna Place, Taupiri Street, Tawa Heights, Tawa Street, Waitete Road, Walker Road, Wesley Ave.
TE KUITI - Western Side:
- Ailsa Street, Awakino Road, Bayne Street, Butler Street, Cato Terrace, Colin Brook Place, Craig Terrace, Earl Street, Elizabeth Street, Haines Terrace, Hill Street, Hospital Road, King Street West, Lusk Street, Mary Street, Queen Street, St Andrews Court, St Lukes Crescent, Seddon Street, Te Kumi Rd.
- Ellis Road, Georgetti Street and Mine Rd
- Seaview Motorcamp, Oha St, Rangi Rd, Main Rd, Aria Tce, Point Rd, Tainui St, Takarei Tce, North St, Te Kauri Rd, Te Mahoe Rd, Main Rd.
- Moa St North, Tui St, Kiwi St, Huia St, Aria Rd, Moa St South, Kaka St, Kawana St, Poto St, View Tce, Kuku St, Kea St.
While undertaking this work, Veolia Water will make every effort to minimise the impact on supply. In the event that temporary deterioration of your water quality occurs due to flushing in your street, it is advisable to first run your garden tap then the others for several minutes to remove any air bubbles and to restore water clarity. Please do not run water through in house filters before taps are running clear.
Enquiries regarding this work should be made to WDC by phoning 07-878-0800.
View Council notices on our website.
Like us on facebook.com/waitomodistrict