22 Nov 2018, 6:00 AM
This is a friendly reminder that the second instalment of your 2018/2019 rates is due by 5pm, Friday 30 November 2018. Rates invoices were posted out in October. Payments received after 5pm, November 30 will attract a 10% penalty.
Rates payments can be made at the Waitomo District Council office, Queen Street Te Kuiti, over the phone by credit card or by Internet Banking using your valuation number as your reference.
Please contact our friendly Customer Services Team on 0800 932 4357 for further assistance.
Community Funding - Discretionary Grants December Funding Round
Applications for the December Discretionary Grants funding round must be received by 5pm, 1st December 2018 or the next following working day.
Community clubs, groups and organisations operating within the Waitomo District on a not-for-profit basis may be eligible to apply.
Please read WDC’s Community Development Fund Policy to check your eligibility or contact the friendly customer services team on 0800-932-4357 for further assistance. Application forms and policy details are available on our website www.waitomo.govt.nz.
Notice of Temporary Closure of Road/Street To Ordinary Vehicular Traffic
PURSUANT to the Transport (Vehicular Traffic Road Closure) Regulations 1965, notice is hereby given that the Waitomo District Council, for the purpose of the Silver Fern Rally 2018 will temporarily close the following roads/streets to ordinary vehicular traffic for the periods indicated:
Date: Saturday, 24 - 25 November 2018
Period of Closure: As indicated at each stage section below:
STAGE NAME 5 = Pomarangi/Pungarehau – 24.29kms - 24 November 2018 road closure from 12:05pm to 17:05pm (Waitomo DC)
- Pomarangi Rd, - START at 8kms from its intersection with Mangatoa Road
- Right into Waitanguru Road at intersection with Ngapaenga Road
- Past Maire Road (no exit)
- Left into Pungarehau Road
- Pungarehau Rd, - FINISH 100mts from its intersection with Mairoa Road
STAGE NAME 6 = Owen/Tikitiki – 20.01kms - 24 November 2018 road closure from 13:25pm to 18:25pm (Waitomo DC).
- Owen Rd, - START is 200mts from its intersection with Mokauiti Road
- Right into Kohua Road
- Past Ngatamahine Road (no exit)
- Past Rauriki Road (no exit)
- Past Kaitaringa Road
- Right into Tikitiki Road
- Past Sargents Road (no exit)
- Past Mapara Road
- Tikitiki Rd, - FINISH is 1000mts from its intersection with SH4
STAGE NAME 7 = Mangaokewa/Ahoroa – 25.00kms - 24 November 2018 road closure from 14:20pm to 19:20pm (Waitomo DC and private property).
- Mangaokewa Rd, *START 300mts from its intersection with SH30
- Past Mangaokewa Road (no exit)
- Left into Waipa Valley Road
- Left into Ahoroa Road
- Past Manu Road (no exit)
- Ahoroa Rd, Finish - On Ahoroa Road, at the start of tarseal at the end of gravel
STAGE NAME 9 = Waitewhena Road – 29.0kms - 25 November 2018 road closure from 9:15am to 13:45pm (Ruapehu/Waitomo DC).
- Waitewhena Road, START at its intersection with Ohura Road
- Past Hapurua Road (no exit)
- Waiewhena Road, FINISH at 300mts from its intersection with Ohura Road
STAGE NAME 10 = Ohura Road North – 42.13kms- 25 November 2018 road closure from 10:10am to 14:40pm (Ruapehu/Waitomo DC).
- Ohura Road North, START is 300mts from its intersection with Ohura Road
- Past Prentice Road (no exit)
- Left into Rimu Road
- Right into Waikaka Road
- Past Whenuakura Road
- Past Wood Road (no exit)
- Right into Mangakahikatea Road
- Left into Aria-Matiere Road
- Right into Matiere Road at intersection with Pirere Road
- Right into Oniao Road
- Oniao Road, FINISH at 300mts from its intersection with Mokauiti Road
Note: To assist with the stage security, the closure is also to include 50 metres of EACH adjoining road, from where it intersects with this road closure being applied for.
It will be an offence under the above regulations for any person otherwise than under authority to use the road/street for ordinary vehicular traffic during this period of closure.