Creative Communities Funding Round Two opens 3 April
3 Apr 2023
The Waitomo District Creative Communities Scheme (CCS) has funding available for projects that encourage and support arts activities and participation.
Some examples of projects that are eligible to be funded by the CCS are:
• Performances by community choirs, hip-hop groups, theatre companies or poets
• Workshops on printmaking, writing, dancing or other creative forms
• Exhibitions by local craft groups promoting weaving, pottery and carving
• Festivals featuring local artists
• Creation of a community film or a public artwork by a community
• Development of new tukutuku, whakairo or kōwhaiwhai for a local marae
Projects must have an arts or creative cultural focus and benefit the Waitomo District Community. Under the scheme “The Arts” is defined as “all forms of creative and interpretive expression.”
The scheme supports a wide range of arts projects under the following art forms: craft/object arts, dance, inter-arts, literature, Maori Arts, multi-artform (including film), music, Pacific Arts, theatre and visual arts.
Funding applications are now made through our online portal. To check your project's eligibility, for further details or to apply please click here
Or contact the Customer Services Team on 0800 932 4357.
Applications close 5pm Monday 1 May 2023.