Water Supply update - Level 3 restrictions now in place
5 Mar 2015, 12:02 PM
The weather forecast is for minimal rainfall for our district.
Council's water supplies are under considerable pressure to meet the demand. Te Kuiti properties connected to the water supply are currently consuming in excess of 4,000m3 per day (includes all consumers; commercial and industrial businesses).
- Piopio properties are consuming just over 300m3 per day.
- Benneydale properties are in average, consuming 85m3 per day.
- Mokau/ Awakino properties are consuming around 200m3 per day.
Level 3 restrictions are now in place for all Waitomo District water supplies.
We urge residents to use water responsibly so there will be plenty of water available for all.
Quick tips to save water:
- Fill the sink to wash vegetables and do the dishes.
- Do full loads in the washing machine and dishwasher.
- Encourage shorter showers and shallower baths.
- Don’t run the water when brushes your teeth.
- If the toilet leaks, or a tap that drips, fix it right away.
- For cool drinking water, fill a jug and keep it in the fridge. Running water to cool it down can waste 10 litres a minute.