WDC to implement Economic Development Strategy
13 Dec 2016, 3:32 PM
Waitomo District Council will commence the implementation of the Economic Development Strategy adopted by Council in November 2016. The strategy aims to promote Waitomo as a business-friendly environment, and:
- retain and attract new residents
- support businesses with recruitment and workforce readiness programmes
- support youth development and workforce opportunities
- ensure Council assets and services are appropriate for all ages of the community
- maximise the benefit that visitors bring to the district.
A key project planned to commence next year is the review of the District Plan. There is change happening in many parts of our District, and it is important that our District Plan provides the right direction and guidance for land use and to facilitate growth.
WDC will also develop a District Promotions Plan in the New Year, and progress further with initiatives to improve community connections and telecommunications services for the Waitomo District community.
Click here to view and download a copy of the Waitomo District Council Economic Development Strategy – “Waitomo District: Prepared for the Future.”